Your home is a safe place that you don’t want to share with irritating ants. Ants are resilient little buggers who thrive on our warm, wet climate. We need to take great care to control their presence because even though they are small, they can be a problem for us and our homes on the Sunshine Coast to North Brisbane.
If you notice an increasing number of ants outside your home, it is only a matter of time before they venture inside. This is because ant pressure builds from the outside in and a change in the weather (like a few days of rain) can push ants inside your home. Let’s treat your ant infestation before they break into your home!
If they are already in your home, our ant control treatments will still be effective — and much, much more effective than over-the-counter ant control products. These products have a “knock-down” effect, which means they can get rid of the ants you can see in that moment, but do not treat the rest of the colony.
If you’ve seen white ants in and around your home, you may be dealing with termites! Contact our team right away before termites can cause any more damage.
How We Get Rid of Ants
The best way to control ants is with a treatment process that has a transference effect. The products we use take advantage of the way that ants live. Ants groom and help one another, and often eat their own dead, so the products we use to treat your ant problem make the ants do some of the work for us. The close quarters that ants keep makes our treatment approach very efficient because it impacts the ants who weren’t immediately affected by treatment in addition to those who were present.
Get Rid Of Ants In Your Home
Facts About Our Ant Treatments
We recommend a full internal and external treatment to keep your home ant free.
- If the ants were inside your home, the best practice is to maintain treatments every 12 months to prevent reoccurrence.
- If you are experiencing heavy ant pressure, we may recommend follow-up external treatments at six month intervals to maintain ant control.
- We use multiple products to make our treatments more effective over time (and use different products inside then we do outside).
- Our equipment ensures we are able to get the job done safely (for our team and for you and your family).
- We will explain things you can do around your home to decrease the chances of ants becoming a problem again.
- You may still see ants for 4-6 weeks after treatment, as the treatment works its way through the whole colony.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ants
Do I need to get more than one ant treatment done?
No, most people will only need one ant treatment. Our guarantee will ensure you are ant free inside your home for 12 months. If you live in an area of high ant pressure, or if you have zero tolerance for ants, you may benefit from a 6 monthly Deluxe Rejuvenation. The best practice is to maintain treatments every 12 months to prevent reoccurrence.
How long after an ant treatment will I see results?
You should see a result in your home within a matter of days. However, ants outside can take up to 6 weeks to get under control as the treatment works its way through the whole colony. Due to the breeding cycle, you may see a resurgence from time to time. However, once the ants come in contact with the products, the ants will once again reduce in numbers as long as the product is still active.
Is it safe for my family or pets to stay during the ant treatment process?
Yes, the products we use are safe for you and your family! Our highly trained technicians will advise on how to manage your pet during the treatment. This can be as simple as keeping your dog inside while we treat outside and visa versa. We use multiple products to make our treatments more effective over time and are in constant communication with our chemical supplier to ensure the products are safe.
What if I see white ants?
If you see white ants you may be dealing with termites! We recommend reaching out to our team as soon as possible to begin the process of identifying and developing a termite management strategy.
How can I tell if my house is infested with ants?
The easiest way to tell if you have an ant infestation is if you can see ants walking around. Ants wander in search of food and if you see them it’s most likely you’re dealing with a large infestation! Some other signs of an ant infestation are:
- If you find a lot of ants outside your home. Small mounds of ants may not seem like a big deal but it means there can be hundreds, if not thousands lurking below the surface. Ants inside your home always seem to be accompanied by ants outside!
- If you see ants in food that you’ve left out — hopefully accidentally! Exposed food is a huge target for ants which is a big sign your home may be infested. If you have pets we recommend keeping an eye on their food bowls. Ants aren’t picky eaters!
If you’ve seen any of these signs in your home get in touch with us right away!