Are you dealing with an ant infestation? Wondering how to get rid of ants from inside your home?
Our team has been treating ant and other pest problems in homes across the Sunshine Coast and North Brisbane for over 34 years, using the highest quality, and safest products available. We know that your home is a safe place that you don’t want to share with irritating ants. Ants are resilient little buggers who thrive on our warm, wet climate. We need to take great care to control their presence because even though they are small, they can be a problem for us and our homes.
If you notice an increasing number of ants outside your home, it is only a matter of time before they venture inside. Ant pressure builds from the outside in and a change in the weather (like a few days of rain) can push ants inside. Let’s treat your ant infestation before they break into your home!
How To Get Rid Of Ants
We offer three different treatment options to get rid of ants in your home:
- Book a simple ant treatment — this will treat for ants only.
- Book a Deluxe Pest Control package — this package clears your home of ants, cockroaches, spiders, and silverfish.
- Book a Supreme Pest Control package — this package includes everything from a Deluxe Pest Control Package plus a thorough termite inspection. This package is ideal if you’ve also seen white ants.
If there are already ants inside your home, our ant control treatments are still effective — and much, much more effective than over-the-counter ant control products. These products have a “knock-down” effect, which means they can only get rid of the ants you can see in that very moment, but do not treat the rest of the colony.
How Much Does Our Ant Control Treatments Cost?
The cost of your treatment will depend on which option above you choose to take control of your ant infestation and the size of your home. We understand that not everyone knows the accurate dimensions of their home so instead our team will ask how many bedrooms, offices, and media rooms your home has as well as if it is highset or lowset. We use this information to get a reasonable idea of how long the treatment will take us to carry out and which service option will be the best option for you. We can then propose a cost for that service.
Our Ant Control Process
The best way to control ants is with a treatment process that has a transference effect. The products we use take advantage of the way that ants live. Ants groom and help one another, and often eat their own dead, so the products we use to treat your ant problem make the ants do some of the work for us. The close quarters that ants keep makes our treatment approach very efficient because it impacts the ants who weren’t immediately affected by treatment in addition to those who were present.
3 Key Steps To Get Rid Of Ants
- First, we use premium non-repellent products to create a perimeter treatment both inside and outside your home.
- Second, our technician inspects outside for active ant trails and harborage points. Once found, the technician will apply a premium non-repellent product directly to these ant trails and harborage points. These ants will then carry on with their daily activities for up to 6 days while they infect other ants in their colony.
- Third, is to inspect inside your home for any signs of ant activity. If there is, a premium bait will be used to draw out the ants and knock them down quickly.
Get Rid Of Ants In Your Home
What You Need To Know About Our Ant Treatments
- We always recommend a full internal and external ant treatment to keep your home ant-free!
- If the ants were inside your home, the best practice is to maintain treatments every 12 months to prevent reoccurrence.
- If you are experiencing heavy ant pressure, we may recommend follow-up external treatments at six month intervals to maintain ant control.
- We use multiple products to make our treatments more effective over time (and use different products inside than we do outside).
- Our equipment ensures we are able to get the job done safely (for our team, for you, your family, and your pets).
- We will provide recommendations of things you can do around your home to decrease the chances of ants becoming a problem again.
- You may still see ants for 4-6 weeks after treatment, as the treatment works its way through the whole colony.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ants
Do I need to get more than one ant treatment done?
No, most people will only need one ant treatment. Our guarantee will ensure you are ant free inside your home for 12 months. If you live in an area of high ant pressure, or if you have zero tolerance for ants, you may benefit from a 6 monthly Deluxe Rejuvenation. The best practice is to maintain treatments every 12 months to prevent reoccurrence.
How long after an ant treatment will I see results?
You should see a result in your home within a matter of days. However, ants outside can take up to 6 weeks to get under control as the treatment works its way through the whole colony. Due to the breeding cycle, you may see a resurgence from time to time. However, once the ants come in contact with the products, the ants will once again reduce in numbers as long as the product is still active.
Is it safe for my family or pets to stay during the ant treatment process?
Yes, the products we use are safe for you and your family! Our highly trained technicians will advise on how to manage your pet during the treatment. This can be as simple as keeping your dog inside while we treat outside and visa versa. We use multiple products to make our treatments more effective over time and are in constant communication with our chemical supplier to ensure the products are safe.
What if I see white ants?
If you see white ants you may be dealing with termites! We recommend reaching out to our team as soon as possible to begin the process of identifying and developing a termite management strategy.
How can I tell if my house is infested with ants?
The easiest way to tell if you have an ant infestation is if you can see ants walking around. Ants wander in search of food and if you see them it’s most likely you’re dealing with a large infestation! Some other signs of an ant infestation are:
- If you find a lot of ants outside your home. Small mounds of ants may not seem like a big deal but it means there can be hundreds, if not thousands lurking below the surface. Ants inside your home always seem to be accompanied by ants outside!
- If you see ants in food that you’ve left out — hopefully accidentally! Exposed food is a huge target for ants which is a big sign your home may be infested. If you have pets we recommend keeping an eye on their food bowls. Ants aren’t picky eaters!
If you’ve seen any of these signs in your home get in touch with us right away!