Common Signs Of A Flea Infestation
More often than not, we have customers calling to ask us how to know if they’re dealing with a flea infestation. We’ve included the most common signs of a flea infestation below:
- Fleas crawling or hopping on your furniture, carpet, drapery, or even your pet’s bedding
- Itchy bites (resembling small red bumps) on your skin
- Your pet scratching, licking, or biting their fur more than usual
- Multiple black, almost dot-like insects in your pet’s fur
- Any excessive brown or black debris throughout your pet’s fur coat (this is most likely flea poop)
- Bald patches or scabs on your pet’s skin
- Your pet has developed pale gums (this could be a result of blood loss)
- Tapeworms in your pet’s stool
If you’ve noticed any of the above signs of a flea infestation, get in touch with us right away to get rid of fleas in your home.
What do flea bites look like?
Flea bites will usually look like small red dots, sometimes surrounded by a light halo. There will often be a small cluster of three to four bites, most commonly found around the feet, ankles, or lower legs of humans.