Do you need help getting rid of bedbugs from your home?
Bedbugs are horrible! They feast on our blood, they’re great at hiding in crevices, within clothing, behind wallpaper, and under mattresses, they reproduce very quickly, and their excrement leaves a nasty, lingering odour.
If you’ve spotted bedbugs, we know you want to get rid of them immediately! Treating them yourself is not an option. We will work fast to help you and your family remove them.
How We Professionally Treat Bedbugs To Remove Them From Your Home
Our professional bed bug treatment includes three important steps to ensure they’ve been completely eradicated from your home:
1. We Inspect Your Home For Bed bugs
First, we inspect your home for adult bedbugs to know exactly what we’re dealing with. We will need to pull clothing from wardrobes and look inside books, under mattresses, behind skirting boards, and more. Our inspection process is very detailed since bedbugs are difficult to spot. We want to ensure we’ve found every area of your home where an infestation is present.
2. We apply An Insecticide
If an infestation is present, we apply an insecticide potent enough to kill the adults and their eggs. Do-it-yourself bedbug removal using heat and a vacuum does not guarantee they won’t come back, that is why we use a professional chemical treatment.
3. We Apply A Barrier
Next, we apply a barrier around the room(s) to prevent further bedbug infestations, because a single surviving female is enough to repopulate. There’s no such thing as too much protection when it comes to bedbugs!
In some circumstances when infestations are very severe, we may recommend throwing out clothing and/or furniture which may be harbouring large numbers of bedbugs. We also recommend that you maintain a high standard of cleanliness to minimize the chance of any bedbugs returning.
Book Your Bedbug Treatment Today
What Do Bedbugs Look Like?
Wondering if you’re dealing with a bedbug infestation? Bedbugs are small flat oval shaped insects with a brownish tinge to them.
Signs Of A Bedbug Infestation
Bed bugs usually stay out of sight during the day making it hard to know if you have an infestation. However, there are some clear signs of bed bugs that you won’t want to ignore. We recommend checking for:
- Dark brown, black spots or stains on your sheets, mattress and mattress seems, couches, and surrounding areas. This is a result of bed bug excretion or faecal pellets — yuck!
- An unsettling sweet scent. Wonder what makes a sweet scent unsettling? The scent of bedbugs is objective so it’s impossible to describe. If you’re unsure don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!
- Lines of test bites along your skin. Bedbug bites are often inflamed, itchy, and can become infected.
- Signs of insomnia. Bedbug can cause insomnia due to the itching and biting, and just the general dread of knowing you are sharing your space with something that is feeding on you!
If you’ve noticed any of the above signs of bedbugs, we encourage you to contact our team right away!
How To Prevent Bedbugs
- Check accommodation review sites before you book vacations for warnings about bedbugs.
- Keep your home clean and tidy, as bed bugs are found more often in dirty environments.
- Clean clothing in hot temperatures after returning from a trip.
- Don’t store luggage in your bedroom.
- Be cautious when buying second-hand furniture.
- Act quickly when you are suspicious of bedbugs because each female can lay a staggering 500 eggs per month!
- Don’t try to treat bedbugs on your own — get a professional to help you make your home safe again.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bedbugs
How do you identify bed bugs?
Bed bugs are small, oval, brownish insects. Adult bed bugs have flat bodies about the size of an apple seed. However, their bodies can look swollen with a reddish colour after they feed (they only eat blood – ewww).
Is it safe for my family or pets to stay during the bed bug treatment process?
Yes, the products we use are safe for you and your family! Treating bed bugs is a very targeted treatment, and we will be only treating where we find the bed bugs harbouring. Therefore you and your family will be fine to stay in the house as long as you are not in the room we are treating at the time. We use multiple products to make our treatments more effective over time and are in constant communication with our chemical supplier to ensure the products are safe.
If I find one bed bug will I find more?
If you have found even one bed bug or any signs of them your home is most likely infested! Bed bugs are crafty and can hide inside walls and other small spaces out of sight. We never like to roll the dice with pests — we encourage you to get in touch and book a treatment right away! A single bed bug can turn to hundreds if left untreated.
How many treatments do I need to remove bed bugs for good?
For an average household bed bug infestation, you should only need 1 treatment and 1 follow up inspection to ensure that all the bed bugs are gone. For more serious infestations 2 treatments may be required with an additional follow up inspection. The success of the treatment relies on your great housekeeping skills after the treatment. Our friendly technicians will guide you on any specific housekeeping tasks required. Other than that, your normal vacuuming, washing linen and wiping down your furniture is all that is needed to keep these pests away!
How long after my bed bug treatment will I see results?
You will see a decline in the population of live bed bugs immediately. However, there may be eggs that have not yet hatched. The eggs may need to hatch before they can come in contact with the chemical. Eggs can take up to 21 days to hatch depending on the temperature and humidity of your home. After this, your home should be free of bed bugs.