Get rid of cockroaches.
Cockroaches are gross. What else is there to say? You know it, we know it, maybe the cockroaches even know it! They make you feel uncomfortable in your own space, whether you see a single one or know you have a cockroach infestation on your hands.
It’s our job to keep you feeling happy and comfortable where you live and work. And it’s a job that we are proud to do! Sharing is caring, but you certainly don’t need to share your space with cockroaches.
How We Control Cockroaches
We treat for cockroaches on the Sunshine Coast to North Brisbane with the following treatment packages:
- Standard Pest Control Package — for cockroaches, spiders, and silverfish.
- Deluxe Pest Control Package — for ants, cockroaches, spiders, and silverfish.
- Supreme Pest Control Package — the Deluxe Package including a termite inspection.
- German Cockroach Specialty Treatments — for our commercial clients only.
If you wait until you see a cockroach, it is very likely that you are already dealing with an infestation. So book one of our cockroach control treatments now!
There are surface sprays available, but they are not going to prevent cockroaches from entering your home. These over-the-counter sprays will not penetrate the cavities of your home, which is the main area of concern when treating cockroaches. These hard to get to nooks and crannies are where our professional dusts and gel baits must be used!
We also definitely recommend that you have a professional in to identify the different types of cockroaches in your home. We have proper training, years of experience, and the professional products needed to deal with German Cockroaches. These particular roaches are notoriously difficult to control and can require multiple professional treatments.
Book Your Consultation Today
Why Are Cockroaches Such a Problem?
They are an extremely versatile and adaptive insect. Basically, cockroaches are incredibly successful creatures and difficult to remove from your home on your own. We deeply appreciate the frustration and discomfort you feel when you discover you are sharing your home with cockroaches.
Cockroaches are an offensive pest to have in your home because:
- They live their lives in close proximity to you when they are in your home and often carry human diseases on their bodies which can be transferred to your home. Over forty species of bacteria harmful to humans have been found in their digestive tracts. Species of worm parasites, viruses and protozoa have also been identified within the cockroach.
- Their mouths are incredible strong and can chew through a number of common items found in the home.
- They will populate around food sources and can be found in the kitchen where you store food and prepare meals.
- They contaminate food and utensils with droppings, skins, egg cases and vomit.
- An unpleasant smell follows cockroach infestations due to their excrement and secretions.
- Some people will have allergic reactions to cockroaches, and in some cases, an asthma attack can be triggered.
- There have even been cases where cockroaches target humans directly as a food source — though this is very uncommon.
- They are incredibly adaptive and have built a resistance to most over-the-counter insect repellents, which makes these products ineffective.
What Do Cockroaches Do?
Cockroaches prefer warm humid climates, but are found everywhere.
- Kitchens are the most common area cockroach populations are a problem, as they have a never ending supply of food and water.
- A female cockroach can live for up to one year. Within her lifetime she may produce around 50-1200 eggs, which take around two to four months to hatch. As they are so successful at reproducing, a cockroach infestation can occur very quickly. It’s not uncommon to have over 20,000 cockroaches in one home within a year.
- They eat just about anything including hair, dried beer in carpets, grease, crumbs, dog biscuits, wallpaper glue, leather, cardboard and fabrics. Housekeeping is so important in reducing numbers, but even the cleanest home will have plenty of food for the notorious cockroach.
- Cockroaches are nocturnal and will hide well during the day and come out to feed at night. Most people do not realise the extent of their cockroach problem. Active cockroaches observed during the day often indicates a large overpopulation is already taking over your home.
- During the day, cockroaches hide within crevices and tight cracks for security. Once we apply a professional treatment, they will come out of hiding and the full extent of the problem will be realised.
Let’s get your home back to being YOUR home! Book your consultation today and we will help you choose the right treatment plan for your home.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cockroaches
Where will I find cockroaches?
Cockroaches prefer warm humid climates, but honestly, we can find them everywhere! Kitchens are the most common area where cockroach populations are a problem, as they have a never-ending supply of food and water. Cockroaches are nocturnal creatures and will hide within cracks and crevices during the day and come out to feed at night. Most people do not realise the extent of their cockroach problem because they never see them during the day. However, active cockroaches observed during the day often indicate a large overpopulation is already taking over your home.
How do I know if I have a cockroach infestation?
Like many pests cockroaches are notorious for hiding during the day making it hard to tell if you have cockroaches or not — you may never see them! However, if you’re asking this question you may have already seen one. We’re very sorry to break the news to you, you’re probably already dealing with an infestation! One cockroach usually means many many more. If you need more proof see these other warning signs of an infestation:
- Cockroaches leave an unpleasant odour, if you’re smelling a musty scent lingering around the house you could have cockroaches!
- It’s common to see black circular drops or dark brown smears along horizontal surfaces close to wall-floor junctions.
- Shedded skin close to where cockroaches like to hide (near small cracks and crevices). Cockroaches shed their skin 5 to 8 times before they’re adults, giving you the chance to see them, without really seeing them!
If you’ve come across any of the above signs we recommend reaching out to us right away — let us help you take back your home from these harmful pests!
Do I need to get more than one cockroach treatment done?
99% of the time, 1 treatment is all that is needed. However, if you are unlucky enough to have German cockroaches, you may need additional treatments to get them under control. For domestic clients, this will be covered by your Pest Free Guarantee.
How long does it take for the cockroach treatment to take effect?
The cockroach treatment will take effect immediately and the products will remain effective inside your home for up to 12 months.